This is such an awesome competition, please enter it!!!!!!! What a flipping prize to celebrate #BooksAreMyBag … read on for details …
#OneInAMillion Competition Launches
on Bookshop Day
Industry Unites to Celebrate 1 Millionth
Books Are My Bag Supporter
One Lucky Book Lover Will Win:
A one-off Orla Kiely bag | £250 in National Book Tokens | A Golden Ticket to Hay Festival |A rare print signed by Quentin Blake | Special edition Handmaid’s Tale | Lots of new books expected to be bestsellers this Christmas | West End Tickets
And much more!
London. 9 October 2017. Book lovers in the UK & Ireland have the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime competition with an incredible bundle of prizes on offer to celebrate Books Are My Bag (BAMB) – the annual bookshop campaign – reaching one million supporters this year.
One lucky book lover is in with the chance of winning a host of extraordinary prizes donated from across the book industry and beyond, including a beautiful, totally one-off Orla Kiely luxury leather bag, in the style of this year’s Books Are My Bag tote bag.
To enter, book lovers just need to Tweet #OneInAMillion saying what their favourite bookshop is and why.
The #OneInAMillion Prize winner will take home:
· An exclusive, one-off Orla Kiely leather bag
· £250 in National Book Tokens
· A golden ticket to Hay Festival
· Afternoon Tea for Two at Claridges (Hachette)
· London Zoo tickets and a copy of Zoo Quest (Hachette)
· A limited-edition copy of Alan Bennett’s Keeping on Keeping On, RRP £200 (Faber)
· A limited-edition print from Billy and the Minpins, signed by Quentin Blake (Puffin)
· A special edition Handmaid’s Tale (Vintage)
· A set of Vintage Classics Dickens (Vintage)
· A signed Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World print by Kate Pankhurst (Bloomsbury)
· A signed first-edition copy of Sparsholt Affair by Alan Hollinghurst (Pan Macmillan)
· A set of PanMacmillan70th Anniversary edition books (Pan Macmillan)
· A pair of tickets to The Christmasaurus Live on Stage at the London Apollo (Penguin Random House) – any date between 20 – 28th December
Two runners up will also be in with the chance of winning the following fantastic prizes:
· A signed copy of Hurrah for Gin by Katie Kirby, together with a bottle of Sipsmith gin (Hachette)
· A copy of Nigella Lawson’s new cookbook, At My Table (Vintage)
· A signed copy of The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein (Bloomsbury)
· A signed copy of My Name is Victoria by Lucy Worsley (Bloomsbury)
· A signed copy of Moonrise by Sarah Crossan (Bloomsbury)
· Subscription to the New Scientist magazine (Hachette)
· Haunted House tour and a signed copy of Devil’s Day by Andrew Hurley (Hachette)
· A mounted Emily Sutton print (Bloomsbury)
· A copy of Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and a box set of Stephen King DVD’s (Hachette)
· A signed copy of Down to Earth: Gardening Wisdom by Monty Don (DK)
· A copy of The Creakers by Tom Fletcher (Puffin)
· A signed print of Oliver Jeffers’ new book Here We Are (Penguin Random House)
· A Perfectly Norman print by Tom Percival (Bloomsbury)
The competition marks the 1 millionth Books Are My Bag tote bag to be worn by the public, showing their support for bookshops in the UK & Ireland.
Meryl Halls, Head of Membership Services at the Booksellers Association, said: “Reaching our one millionth supporter is a hugely exciting milestone, and we’re delighted to be able to show our thanks to bookshop lovers across the UK & Ireland with this fabulous prize. It is wonderful to see the book industry coming together to support bookshops with the amazing prizes they have donated. We wish everyone the best of luck, and look forward to hearing all about our supporters’ favourite bookshops!”
Bookshop lovers will have until 7th November to enter the competition, with the lucky winners being revealed on 25th November, when bookshops across the country will offer a Saturday Sanctuary as respite from the business of daily life.
Orla Kiely, said: “I am so happy to have collaborated with the Bookseller’s Association. As a great lover of books and bookshops, nothing gives me more pleasure than discovering a new book, whether it’s a beautiful edition on a new favourite photographer, a great novel or a rare out of print edition. There is nothing more relaxing, inspiring or stimulating than reading and losing oneself in another world. We should all take time to read and importantly, to encourage our children to love books.”
Now in its fifth year, the Books Are My Bag campaign highlights and celebrates the vital role of high street and campus bookshops. Over the last four years, a million people have worn a Books Are My Bag canvas bag in support of the campaign.
More details on Books Are My Bag 2017 will be unveiled in the coming weeks; keep an eye on http://www.booksaremybag.com for updates.
For more information on events, visit http://www.booksaremybag.com
About Books Are My Bag
Books Are My Bag was created in April 2013. Now entering its fifth year, it has recruited well over 100 high profile UK and Irish and international authors, broadcasters, models, sports stars, actors, politicians, chefs, journalists and comedians – all willing to lend their image to the campaign, to be photographed with the iconic canvas bag which has been designed as the centrepiece for the movement.
The Books Are My Bag tote bag carries a simple and powerful message allowing readers to display their love and support for local bookshops while encouraging others to do so. Over the last four years, nearly a million people have worn a Books Are My Bag canvas bag in support of the campaign.