Last night I a received a message from a very lovely blogger friend, Caroline Vincent, which made me cry, she has nominated me for this wonderful award, given by bloggers, to bloggers which, in my opinion makes this all the more precious to me.
Today I found out that I have actually been nominated by five of my fellow bloggers and to say I am speechless is an understatement!!!
So a massive THANK YOU to the very lovely ladies, Sharon Bairden at Chapter In My Life, Alison Drew at Ali The Dragon Slayer, Caroline Vincent at Bits About Books, Kerry at Chat About Books and Gemma Gaskarth at Gemma’s Book Reviews – you have all made this blogger a very happy lady indeed!!!
I started my blog in May last year, it was over on Blogger then. I had just left a rather crazy career in sales and found myself reading a lot more than I had before as my days and evenings were no longer taken up by the madness that comes with that career. I found Goodreads and started posting my reviews there and discovered many amazing bookish groups on Facebook and started following some book blogs. This was a completely new world to me. I’ve always been an avid reader but had no idea that this online bookish world existed. I loved it!
I googled reading jobs as a bit of a joke when my hubby pointed out that it would be great if I got paid for all the reading I did and I found a book review site called BookBag, they were looking for reviewers and I submitted a review to them. They liked it and I ended up having a couple of reviews posted on their site but in the meantime I decided to post my reviews in my way, with my formatting and wording and EmmaTheLittleBookworm was created.
As part of receiving this award I must give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. I have read lots of other reward posts and the advice given by the majority is very true, learn to say no! I would also say:
- Do it for you! Your blog is your thoughts. Write your way, post what you want to post, have the colours, the formatting and the pictures that YOU want on there! There is no right or wrong when it comes to blogging. It is personal to you and you alone. If people decide to read it, bonus! If they don’t then that’s ok because it’s your personal journey through your bookish world.
- Interact! The book blogging world is so embracing and so wonderful. Over the last year I have made some amazing friends, bloggers, authors and people from the publishing world. People who I have never spoken to in person but who I feel connected with and who I cannot wait to meet in a few weeks. We were all newbies to start with so we have all been there but start talking, commenting and asking questions. We are all here to help 🙂
I will now nominate fifteen bloggers who I think deserve this award, but how the hell I am supposed to choose from so many amazing people?!
Here goes . . .
Amanda at Go Book Yourself
Jenny at Jenny in Neverland
Gordon at Grab This Book
Noelle at Crime Book Junkie
Claire at Crime Book Junkie (Guest Blogger)
Kate at The Quiet Knitter
Jen at Jen Med’s Book Reviews
Jessica at Jessica’s Reading Room
Amy at Novel Gossip
Kristin at Kristin’s Novel Cafe
Becca at If Only I Could Read Faster
Claire at Brizzle Lass Books
Emma at The Stationery Geekette
Helen at HelerinaBlogs
Sam at Clues and Reviews
There are a thousand other bloggers who are so deserving of this award and I wish I could have chosen more but these bloggers are the ones came straight to mind when thinking about who to select. They are all special to me in different ways and I would highly recommend that you follow them if you don’t already! Not forgetting the five lovely bloggers who nominated me, you are all wonderful and I am honoured to be in your company 🙂
Now, there are some rules to follow for those who I have nominated:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
THANK YOU again for my nominations you lovely, lovely people!
Keep reading xxx