Thanks for asking me to do this, it’s my pleasure Anne! So on with the questions …
- Who are you and what do you do? I’m Anne Cater. I’m almost 50 and have been reading for as long as I can remember. I’ve worked for various charities for the past 15 years and before that I worked for the NHS. At the moment I am not working full-time, although I do have a little part-time work, as Clerk to the local Parish Council – I’ve been doing that for 13 years. Lately I’ve been doing a little freelance work, also carrying on with volunteering with a local teenage arts project. I blog at Random Things Through My Letterbox, I’ve been blogging for five and a half years and I love it. I’m also the creator of Book Connectors on Facebook – a group for authors and bloggers, for connecting, sharing book and blog information, and general chat. It’s a fabulous group.
- What gives you an actual hangover?To be honest, it’s a long time since I’ve had a hangover. I used to drink pints of Guinness and the hangovers were legendary. I can’t drink white wine at all, it makes me sick – oh, apart from Prosecco – that agrees with me …. a lot!
- What TV programme?I don’t watch a lot of TV. For the past few years, I’ve always done a lot of evening work, so I find it difficult to follow anything. However, I ALWAYS record Masterchef – it’s my ‘never miss’ show.
- What film? I do love the cinema and enjoy a wide variety of films. The film that made the most impact on me was Mississippi Burning, but it is very difficult to say that I ‘enjoyed’ it. I have a soft spot for Dirty Dancing though …. who doesn’t??
- What song? Ah, music. Music is almost as important to me as books. The soundtrack of my life …. I have a wide and varied taste in music, but my real love is rock. Different songs mean different things to me and it’s so hard to choose. If I have to pick just one, it has to be Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
- What food?I LOVE food. I love reading about it, looking at menus, trying out new places to eat, I love it all. But, my favourite tood item is the humble potato. You can do so much with it. There is NOTHING in this world better than a bowl of boiled new potatoes with lashings of salty butter … nothing better at all.
- What person/people?This has to be my family. My husband, Martin – he’s my best mate, we laugh constantly. My parents; amazing, funny, infuriating – the best. My younger brother Jim and his fabulous partner Sherelle, and my gorgeous nephew Dylan.
- Finally, which book?So, to the HARDEST question of them all! There are so many, and different books have different meanings for me, they evoke different memories. For its message and influence, it has to be To Kill A Mockingbird, but for memories and an all-round perfect reading experience, it’s got to be The Thorn Birds.
Thank you so much for joining me today Anne!
You can find Anne over at …
My Blog Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Random-Things-Through-My-Letterbox-314296831959887/?fref=ts
Twitter @annecater https://twitter.com/annecater
Instagram @annecater14 https://www.instagram.com/annecater14/
Book Connectors on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1466353170351020/
Book Connectors on Twitter @Book_Connectors https://twitter.com/Book_Connectors